Indoors or Out, Winter Fun Awaits
Surrounded by more than 700,000 acres of the White Mountain National Forest, visitors to North Conway may choose from many fun activities any time of year, including some of the best fall foliage, snow sports, hiking, fishing, camping and shopping in the country.
Some of our favorite winter pastimes:
- Several mountains offering downhill and cross country skiing (both days and nights) are within a few minutes of the Mountain View, including Attitash, Cranmore and King Pine Ski Area. Don't miss exciting Cranmore's Cranapalooza, held every Saturday night!
- In addition to skiing, plenty of winter sports can be found: ice skating and climbing, horseback riding, sleigh rides, snowshoeing, tubing, and even dog sledding
- See local talent perform at one of the area playhouses, and bring the whole family to The Mt. Washington Valley Children's Museum for interesting events each weekend.
- Shop at more than 100 outlet stores, as well as dozens of local shops specializing in handcrafts, antiques and gifts
- Enjoy the culinary offerings of over 100 area restaurants and cafes
Our staff will be glad to assist you in planning your vacation activities and make recommendations for some of their own local favorite things to do. Come and see why North Conway has been recognized as one of the "Top 10 Coolest Mountain Towns" in the USA!