Blue Rock Golf Schools
Improve Your Game at Blue Rock
Blue Rock Golf Course is the perfect setting to improve your golf game. PGA Professional Patrick Fannon, voted one of the top instructors in New England, uses industry-leading tools such as V1 Pro; this state-of-the-art video swing analysis system monitors your progress, increases learning speed and helps you understand your swing. Patrick believes there are many consistent factors that go into developing a good foundation. He also realizes that every golfer has a unique swing style. Working with each individual, Pat develops a practice plan for continued improvement long after your lesson. Our private practice facility and award-winning course are ideal for lowering your scores.
Patrick believes the majority of golfers can set up properly, and that the majority of swing flaws stem from a mistake in pre-swing fundamentals. Any one mistake in the set up requires another mistake in the swing to counteract the first one. By focusing on proper fundamentals, he can simplify your swing and make you a more consistent golfer. We cover all aspects of the game with a focus on the fundamentals:
- Long game and short game
- Trouble shots
- Bunker play
- Hitting it further
- The mental game
At the Blue Rock Resort Golf School, you'll enjoy:
- A round of golf upon arrival
- A round of golf each day of instruction
- A private practice range
- V1 Video swing analysis with your personalized instruction sent directly to your email
- Accommodations at Blue Rock Golf Resort
- Breakfast & lunch each day
Typical Golf School Schedule
- Blue Rock's restaurant opens for breakfast at 7:00 a.m.
- Check in early to enjoy the amenities of Blue Rock Golf Resort and play as many holes as you wish on our award-winning course.
- Golf school begins at 8:30 a.m. in the Pro Shop's learning center. PGA Pro Patrick Fannon meets with the class for Q&A and then it's off to the practice range to improve your swing and lower your score.
- After a morning of game fundamentals and video analysis of your golf swing with the V1 Pro system (the # 1 video analysis software), or improving your short game skills on our putting greens, bunkers & pitching area, it's time for lunch at the Blue Rock Grille Room.
- Afternoons are yours to do as you wish: rejuvenate yourself at our luxurious spa at Red Jacket Beach Resort, our sister property, swim in our heated outdoor pool, or test your new skills on our 18-hole course.
2013 Adult Golf Schools
Early Spring Two-Day Resort Golf Schools
- April 27 - 28: Saturday - Sunday (check in Friday)
- May 4 - 5: Saturday - Sunday (check in Friday)
- May 11 - 12: Saturday - Sunday (check in Friday)
- May 18 - 19: Saturday - Sunday (check in Friday)
Three-Day Memorial Day Weekend Schools
- May 25 - 27: Saturday - Monday (check in Friday)
Includes lodging, 3 hours per day of instruction, V1 Pro video analysis, 9-hole playing lesson with PGA Pro Pat Fannon and two daily breakfasts and lunches. Customized packages also available for other dates, please call 800-237-8887 for details.
Summer Game Improvement Resort Schools
- June 1 - 2: Saturday - Sunday (check in Friday)
- June 3 - 4: Monday - Tuesday (check in Sunday)
- June 8 - 9: Saturday - Sunday (check in Friday)
- June 10 - 11: Monday - Tuesday (check in Sunday)
Early Spring "Play With The Pro" Two-Day Golf Schools
The “Play with the Pro” Golf School has been very well received. On day one we address pre-swing and full swing fundamentals using V1 Pro, the industry leader in golf video analysis software. This state-of-the-art video analysis system monitors your progress, increases learning speed and helps you understand your swing. On day two we head out for on-course instruction, with a strong focus on short-game. You'll have the opportunity to ask questions you may have never asked, from golf etiquette, to the rules of golf, to how best to hit a particular shot.
- April 29 - 30: Monday & Tuesday (check in Sunday)
- May 6 - 7: Monday & Tuesday (check in Sunday)
- May 13 - 14: Monday & Tuesday (check in Sunday)
- May 20 - 21: Monday & Tuesday (check in Sunday)
Commuter Golf Schools
Whether you’re a new to the game, a returning player, or just want sharpen your skills, our Commuter Golf School will give you the confidence to head out the course led by PGA Professional Patrick Fannon. Voted one of New England's top instructors, Patrick believes there are many consistent factors that go into developing a good foundation, but he also realizes that every golfer has a unique swing style. Working with you individually, he develops a practice plan for continued improvement long after your lesson.
2-Day Schools: $179
- June 10 - 11: Monday & Tuesday
- June 15 - 16: Saturday & Sunday (father/child-family school)
- June 22 - 23: Saturday & Sunday
- June 29 - 30: SOLD OUT
- July 13 - 14: Saturday & Sunday
Ladies Only Clinics: $20
- Tuesdays: 5 - 6:30pm
- Wednesdays: 9 - 10:30am
Get Golf Ready In 5 Days
$25 per clinic, or 5 for $99 Wednesdays 5 - 6:30 pm
Learn more about this program
Junior Golf Schools
The Blue Rock Junior Golf Academy is designed to provide professional instruction to junior golfers on Cape Cod. We have developed successful junior golf schools designed to introduce your children to the game of golf and develop a love to have FUN with the game. If you’re a golfing family and visiting Cape Cod, Blue Rock is the course for you.
PGA Professional Patrick Fannon, the 2009 Cape Cod PGA Junior Golf Leader of the Year, shows a dedication to the growth of junior golf that is second to none; Patrick found his love for the game at age 11 and since then has spent nearly every day on a golf course. Patrick's desire to see juniors truly enjoy the game and their eagerness to improve is reflected in his junior golf schools.
NEW for 2013: "Make the Team" School
The “Make the Team” school is geared toward the young golfer who is serious about making their school's golf team. Using V1 Pro video analysis, the course will concentrate on improving swing skills, chipping, and putting. V1's state-of-the-art video swing analysis system monitors their progress, increases learning speed and helps them understand their swing. Practice techniques will be covered and playing instruction will be included on a weekly basis, and we develop a customized plan for every student to continue their progress after this school.
Mondays: non-members $325, members $225
• July 29
• August 5, 12, 19
(Instruction 10 - 12pm, lunch at noon, golf at 1pm)
Three-Day Junior Golf School (ages 11 - 15, with some experience)
Throughout the morning the juniors will alternate between full swing on the range, short game skills and putting practice drills. With the use of Patrick’s iPad and V1 video analysis software, they'll see the progress of their swing throughout the school, and be able to use the V1 app on their smart phone to send Pat their videos for analysis and stay in contact with him after the lesson. Lunch is included in the class along with a Q&A session on golf rules and etiquette. The afternoon is reserved for professionally-supervised golf on the nationally-ranked Blue Rock Golf Course. Take your junior golfers to a Blue Rock golf school for a golf experience they will love!
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesdays: $325 per person
- April 16 - 18: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- July 1 - 3: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
- July 8 - 10: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
- July 22 - 24: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
- August 7 - 9: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Two-Day Junior Golf School (7 - 11 years old, beginners welcome)
Golf teaches important leadership skills: how to plan ahead, develop short term targets to meet a larger objective, and overcome small setbacks to stay focused on the game. Throughout the morning we'll alternate from full swing on the range, short game skills and putting practice drills. Along with the instructional portion of the school we spend time with fun games & competition focusing on the skills necessary to advance the juniors out on the course. The students will learn full swing fundamentals, short game, golf course rules and etiquette, and much more in a fun and challenging setting.
Thursday & Fridays $139 per person
- June 27 - 28
- July 11 - 12
- July 18 - 19
- August 1 - 2
Are You Ready to Play Better Golf?
Private lessons with PGA Professional Patrick Fannon
Patrick loves golf because there always room for improvement; he receives great satisfaction in helping golfers improve their game. He also believes every golfer has different needs according to his or her goals, flexibility and body style. Focusing on the positives and strengths of each of his students has made Patrick one of the most successful golf instructors on Cape Cod.
By incorporating his iPad and the V1 Pro Swing Analysis System, Patrick has opened communication with his students beyond the lesson tee and raised private golf lessons to a new level: you'll see your swing progress throughout the lesson, and with your V1 app on your smartphone you'll be able to send Pat your own videos for analysis and stay in contact with him after the lesson for continued tutoring.
Any golfer, whether they are new to the game or have been playing for a lifetime, can be assured that Patrick will develop a system that meets his or her golf expectations. Call the Pro Shop at (508) 398-9295 or email Patrick for more information on improving your golf game.
Golf Instruction for Individuals, Couples and Small Groups
Weekly golf clinics are the best way to keep your game “Up To Par”. Each clinic is designed on a particular component of golf, each class starts with an overview of the subject and then you have the opportunity to practice your new knowledge under the watchful eye of PGA Professional Patrick Fannon.
LADIES-ONLY CLINICS: $20
• Tuesdays: 5 - 6:30pm
• Wednesdays: 9 - 10:30am
• Wednesdays: 5 - 6:30pm